No one has the secret formula to a never-aging skin with an ever-youthful glow, and even if it is something we all crave, our skin like every other part of the body tends to loose it’s luster as we grow. The extent and rate to which these aging effects set in is however subject to the conditions and care that we give our skin.
Whether male or female, a rough, spotted or patchy skin looks good on no one, and while you’re striving to achieve a smooth skin, culprits like pimples, acne wrinkles and blemishes, surface from time to time, all of which, mars the ability of the face to project a natural and beautiful appearance. While there are a long list of effective products available in the market, there are equally very effective natural remedies that you can try to soothe your skin, and the best part is you can get started with your everyday materials in your home, here are top 5 natural remedies to help keep your skin smooth.
Water is one of the most effective and most overlooked skincare treatment option in the world. Typically, consuming sufficient volumes of water helps to keep the skin moisturized and aids in flushing out toxins and other unhealthy substances from the blood stream. On an average, you want to be consuming no fewer than 8 cups and no more than 10 cups daily. If you have troubles consuming water, be sure to add a taint of lemon. Water should also be gotten from fruits that have high volumes like watermelons.
- Apply mild soap and water to clean your face atleast twice daily, this will make sure dirt and oil particles to sink deep into your face.
2. Lemon juice
Lemon juice will primarily cleanse your skin and lighten scars and spots. Natural lemon juice can be hand-pressed from the fruit itself and using the enzymes contained therein are remarkable for removing dead skin cells to leave you with a refreshed and smoother skin. Lemon also has impressive astringent properties that make it a good cleanser for those with oily skin.
- To improve skin texture and get soft, smooth skin, mix half a lemon’s juice with one egg white, apply on the face for 10 minutes and wash off with warm water. Repeat for 2-3 times daily.
- In the case of acne and scars, use lemon juice to lighten the appearance by applying fresh lemon juice on the face and neck for 10 minutes, wash off with lukewarm water.
Tomatoes is a natural skin toner and has widespread applications for treating blemishes and pimples.
- Blend some tomatoes in a grinder or blender and apply the paste to your face got at least 10 minutes and then wash it off with warm water. This is an effective way to get softer and smoother skin, and using this procedure daily helps to reduce large pores and keep your skin radiant.
- Tomatoes paste can also be used on pimples by applying directly to the affected parts for 10 minutes, washed and rinsed.
Honey is another everyday material that has a significant amount of advantages for the skin and it’s appearance.
- Use honey to make your skin smoother by applying raw honey to the face and neck, and rinsing if off with cold water after 10 minutes. For the same effects, honey can also be used with one egg white, and applied for 20 minutes.
- For a more effective approach, mix 3 teaspoons of honey with one-half Cinnamon Apply to your face over night and wash off in the morning with lukewarm water.
5. Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera is popular for its widespread use in cosmeceuticals, and although it is generally combined with several other ingredients in most beauty and skincare product, the plant and it’s sap on its own has renowned skin benefits. It is also quite efficient for treating acne, blemishes, wrinkles and fine lines.
- Extract the gel from an Aloe Vera plant and apply directly to your and skin a few times every week
For a stronger effect, combine Aloe vera gel with a teaspoon of honey and 2 teaspoons of lemon juice, mix thoroughly, and apply on the face and neck for about 15 minutes. This therapy can be used as a face mask every week and will keep your skin soft, and smooth with several anti-aging benefits